at YOUR school or districton any convenient day and time
1. Integrating the Instructional Components of Effective Programs for English Learners--English Language Development (ELD), Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English (SDAIE), Primary Language Instruction, and Cross-Cultural Understanding / Positive Self Esteem. For Teachers: Pre-K, Kindergarten through 12th grade.
2. Characteristics of School Programs that Promote Academic Success in Language Minority Students. Effective Teaching for Language Minority Students - For Elementary Teachers/For Secondary Teachers.
3. Teacher Expectations, Students' Self Esteem and Academic Achievement - A Critical Relationship for Success in Academic Core Curriculum. For Teachers: Pre-K, Kindergarten through 12th grade.
4. Cross-Cultural Diversity: Understanding the Hispanic Student's Cultural Background. For Teachers: Pre-K, Kindergarten through 12th grade.
5. COGNITIVE - ACADEMIC LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT: Intensified Instructional Strategies for Mastery of Subject Matter Knowledge and Skills--Middle or Junior High School Teachers/Senior High School Teachers
6. Developing CRITICAL /HIGHER ORDER THINKING SKILLS in Language Minority Students. For Elementary OR Secondary Teachers.
7. Language Development in Bilingual Programs: Principles and Theories. Implications for Teaching and Learning in Two-Way Bilingual Setting.
8. From ORAL Language to Effective LITERACY Development in the Primary Language and English. Language Development in Content Areas--English, Math, Social Studies, Science. For Teachers, 4th-6th grade, OR Secondary Teachers.
9. English Language Development Instruction for Language Minority Students: For Teachers--Early grades, Middle School, and High School.
10. Transition: Principles and Practices for Effective Introduction of Formal English Reading. For Teachers: Upper Elementary grades, Middle and High School.
11. Designing, planning, implementing High Academic Achievement Programs for LEP Students (English Learners): Pre-School, Kindergarten - 12th grade.
12. The Development of Self Esteem as a whole Language Task - Very effective Program for ALL Teachers, Paraprofessionals and Administrators.
13. "Coaching" of New Bilingual/ESL Teachers - Observations and Demonstrations. A Proven Model to Assist First- and Second-year Teachers who Are New to Bilingual Settings and English Language Development (ESL) Programs.
14. ASSESSMENT and EVALUATION. Developing Content Area Assessment Instruments in the Primary Language. Program Evaluation. Adviser: Collaborative Proposal Writing Teams. Evaluator: Evaluation of Title VII Programs. Evaluation of Title I Programs.
15. Curriculum and Materials Development for Integrated, Intensified Instruction. Interdisciplinary Measurements of Knowledge and Skills. (K-12th grade) Enrichment /Accelerated Curriculum Materials Development. Videos.
16. Identification and Assessment of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners - For Bilingual and Special Education Personnel.
17. Multicultural Strategies for Classrooms with Diverse Populations.
18. Developing an Instrument to Assess Growth: Reform and restructuring of an entire school, including the integration of its bilingual education program.
19. 50/50 DUAL LANGUAGE BILINGUAL EDUCATION PROGRAM - Rationale, program conceptualization, design, planning and implementation.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers for Teachers
RETURN to Home Page
For more in-depth information, classroom demonstrations, and "coaching" of new and/or experienced teachers, Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK offers:
1. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
2. Cross Cultural Diversity - Multicultural Strategies
3. Effective Instruction for English Learners (L.E.P. students) Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
4. Promoting Academic Success in Language Minority Students
5. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
6. Oral Language / Literacy Skills / Higher Order Thinking Skills
7. 50/50 Dual Language Programs: design, planning and implementation
8. The Structure of English / The Structure of Spanish
9. Transition: Introduction to English Reading
Web Site Programs for Teachers: Numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, and 9.
Web Site Programs for Paraprofessionals: Number 3.
Web Site Programs for New Teachers:
Enhanced Cultural Sensitivity - The Challenge of Students Diversity
Identifying / Responding to Students' Language Needs
Phonemic Awareness: Teaching English phonics to L.E.P. students
Relationship Between Reading, Writing and Spelling
Improving Reading Performance -- Building Oral Language Skills)
Write and e-mail any additional questions you may have, and Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will establish with you, your school or district a Technical Assistance Service Contract. Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will answer all your questions promptly and to your satisfaction.
For information and credentials please click on the link below or contact directly:
CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK, Ph.D.
Educational Consultant, Program Evaluator
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, Certification (12/2006)
3113 Malcolm Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90034-3406
Phone and Fax: (310) 474-5605