Public Statements / Opinion Pieces
1) Issues raised by the L.A. County Office of Education Conference on the Arab World (February 7, 1992)
|[Page 1]||[Page 8]|
|[Page 2]||[Page 9]|
|[Page 3]||[Page 10]|
|[Page 4]||[Page 11]|
|[Page 5]||[Page 12]|
|[Page 6]||[Page 13]|
|[Page 7]||[Page 14]|
2) Letter to the Editors: the Los Angeles Times, regarding article "2 Inglewood Schools Defy Odds, Achieve Excellence." (February 4, 1992)
3) Democracy in America
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view these documents. If you do not have this program on your computer, click here to download the Acrobat Reader from the Adobe Systems' website. It is available at no charge.
For more in-depth information, classroom demonstrations, and "coaching" of new and/or experienced teachers, Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK offers:
1. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
2. Cross Cultural Diversity - Multicultural Strategies
3. Effective Instruction for English Learners (L.E.P. students) Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
4. Promoting Academic Success in Language Minority Students
5. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
6. Oral Language / Literacy Skills / Higher Order Thinking Skills
7. 50/50 Dual Language Programs: design, planning and implementation
8. The Structure of English / The Structure of Spanish
9. Transition: Introduction to English Reading
Web Site Programs for Teachers: Numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, and 9.
Web Site Programs for Paraprofessionals: Number 3.
Web Site Programs for New Teachers:
Enhanced Cultural Sensitivity - The Challenge of Students Diversity
Identifying / Responding to Students' Language Needs
Phonemic Awareness: Teaching English phonics to L.E.P. students
Relationship Between Reading, Writing and Spelling
Improving Reading Performance -- Building Oral Language Skills)
Write and e-mail any additional questions you may have, and Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will establish with you, your school or district a Technical Assistance Service Contract. Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will answer all your questions promptly and to your satisfaction.
For information and credentials please click on the link below or contact directly:
CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK, Ph.D.
Educational Consultant, Program Evaluator
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, Certification (12/2006)
3113 Malcolm Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90034-3406
Phone and Fax: (310) 474-5605