132. We are running a play school in India with an age group up to 4yrs. I want my children to be smarter than any other play school's child. I am having CDs to teach them alphabets, rhymes, etc. Also during the month of May & June we teach different courses like English Conversation, Personality development, English Grammar, Computers, Casio, Dance, Arts & Craft to the children up to age group of 14 yrs. coming from other schools during holidays. But I am worried for this month as I don't have any thing new for them to give relief from tough burden of studies and to educate them side by side which their parents want. As with the money earned in these two months, I am trying hard to educate poor children free of cost. I need your kind support. Since you are experienced enough, please do teach me some new concepts according to Indian pattern. I wish you will listen to my kind request and will help your unknown friend.
I am in Los Angeles, California, and I am not familiar with the kind of materials --dealing with India--, which you so kindly request and need. I wish I could help you but my background is Hispanic, and I am a Cuban-American with extremely limited knowledge of the many cultures of India. Maybe I can help you in the future. Thanks for contacting me and I hope you find the materials you need.
For more in-depth information, classroom demonstrations, and "coaching" of new and/or experienced teachers, Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK offers:
1. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
2. Cross Cultural Diversity - Multicultural Strategies
3. Effective Instruction for English Learners (L.E.P. students) Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
4. Promoting Academic Success in Language Minority Students
5. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
6. Oral Language / Literacy Skills / Higher Order Thinking Skills
7. 50/50 Dual Language Programs: design, planning and implementation
8. The Structure of English / The Structure of Spanish
9. Transition: Introduction to English Reading
Web Site Programs for Teachers: Numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, and 9.
Web Site Programs for Paraprofessionals: Number 3.
Web Site Programs for New Teachers:
Enhanced Cultural Sensitivity - The Challenge of Students Diversity
Identifying / Responding to Students' Language Needs
Phonemic Awareness: Teaching English phonics to L.E.P. students
Relationship Between Reading, Writing and Spelling
Improving Reading Performance -- Building Oral Language Skills)
Write and e-mail any additional questions you may have, and Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will establish with you, your school or district a Technical Assistance Service Contract. Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will answer all your questions promptly and to your satisfaction.
For information and credentials please click on the link below or contact directly:
CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK, Ph.D.
Educational Consultant, Program Evaluator
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, Certification (12/2006)
3113 Malcolm Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90034-3406
Phone and Fax: (310) 474-5605