231. Please, could you help me answers these questions: Explain the contribution that the arms race made to the out break ofWorld War I. When and why were the alliances formed in Europe's countries in World War I? Explain the different rivalries over colonies, and examples of previous imperial clashes in the the years prior to 1914 ( World War I).
THANKS for your questions but as my Web Sites explicitly indicate, I answer mostly questions regarding LANGUAGE learning and LANGUAGE teaching, not History.
I would be glad to show you how, if your students cannot fully and completely understand English --and many English-only speaking students cannot understand the LANGUAGE OF THE CONTENT AREAS VERY WELL-- then I can help you with how to assist your students with language development so they fully understand your explanations and your answers to the questions you pose.
Please, ask any historian to help you with the answer to your questions. I deal exclusively with Language learning and Language teaching. THANKS for your questions, anyway!!!! They are truly very interesting!!!!!
For more in-depth information, classroom demonstrations, and "coaching" of new and/or experienced teachers, Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK offers:
1. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
2. Cross Cultural Diversity - Multicultural Strategies
3. Effective Instruction for English Learners (L.E.P. students) Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
4. Promoting Academic Success in Language Minority Students
5. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
6. Oral Language / Literacy Skills / Higher Order Thinking Skills
7. 50/50 Dual Language Programs: design, planning and implementation
8. The Structure of English / The Structure of Spanish
9. Transition: Introduction to English Reading
Web Site Programs for Teachers: Numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, and 9.
Web Site Programs for Paraprofessionals: Number 3.
Web Site Programs for New Teachers:
Enhanced Cultural Sensitivity - The Challenge of Students Diversity
Identifying / Responding to Students' Language Needs
Phonemic Awareness: Teaching English phonics to L.E.P. students
Relationship Between Reading, Writing and Spelling
Improving Reading Performance -- Building Oral Language Skills)
Write and e-mail any additional questions you may have, and Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will establish with you, your school or district a Technical Assistance Service Contract. Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will answer all your questions promptly and to your satisfaction.
For information and credentials please click on the link below or contact directly:
CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK, Ph.D.
Educational Consultant, Program Evaluator
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, Certification (12/2006)
3113 Malcolm Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90034-3406
Phone and Fax: (310) 474-5605