295. Subject: Re: Coaching. Would you happen to have an English version copy of the Attachment #1 for Coaching students to think of themselves in positive terms to develop positive self image and positive self esteem. I was able to view the page but it is written in Spanish and I am desperately looking for positive list of words for encouragement for my (3) small children. Any information you can give is most welcome. Thank You!
Here is something I prepared for my own two children. This list may be of help to you. THANKS for visiting my Web Sites.
CARMEN SANCHEZ SAN MIGUEL de SADEK
Proud Mother of:
TO: My Dearest Children: Deena, Omar and Marnie (7/13/2000)
AND DEAREST COUSIN ANGELA MARIE!!!!
DATE: May 11, 1997 -- MOTHER'S DAY
June 13, 2000 – On the occasion of your graduation
RE: Images of Yourselves -- What you know you are.
By your actions, those actions that you do every day and that truly come from your heart, those actions that you perform as a result of your very best thinking and your love, you tell me exactly what you know you are. You do appreciate your very best qualities, because they are enormously appreciated by others, by your entire family, and by me. Here they are! And I hope every day you proudly write, next to these, your wonderful qualities, the actions you do that continue to make you what you know you are. That is all that really matters: What YOU KNOW YOU ARE!
DEENA, OMAR and MARNIE, AND ANGELA MARIE, you know you are:
(Describe your own actions defining your own qualities.)
QUALITY DAILY ACTION
low level of anxiety
concerned about others
recognized as an individual
responsible for self
AND VERY PROUD OF YOUR SELF!
In addition, as a citizen and a professional, YOU KNOW YOU ARE:
excited about what you do
eager about your future possibilities
lover of learning
fearless of change
appreciative of differences
wanting to achieve
manager of your own time
passionate about learning new things
AND VERY SUCCESSFUL at everything you want to do!
WHAT OTHER OUTSTANDING QUALITIES YOU KNOW YOU POSSESS?
For more in-depth information, classroom demonstrations, and "coaching" of new and/or experienced teachers, Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK offers:
1. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
2. Cross Cultural Diversity - Multicultural Strategies
3. Effective Instruction for English Learners (L.E.P. students) Parts 1, 2, 3, 4
4. Promoting Academic Success in Language Minority Students
5. Cognitive - Academic Language and Vocabulary Development
6. Oral Language / Literacy Skills / Higher Order Thinking Skills
7. 50/50 Dual Language Programs: design, planning and implementation
8. The Structure of English / The Structure of Spanish
9. Transition: Introduction to English Reading
Web Site Programs for Teachers: Numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, and 9.
Web Site Programs for Paraprofessionals: Number 3.
Web Site Programs for New Teachers:
Enhanced Cultural Sensitivity - The Challenge of Students Diversity
Identifying / Responding to Students' Language Needs
Phonemic Awareness: Teaching English phonics to L.E.P. students
Relationship Between Reading, Writing and Spelling
Improving Reading Performance -- Building Oral Language Skills)
Write and e-mail any additional questions you may have, and Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will establish with you, your school or district a Technical Assistance Service Contract. Dr. CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK will answer all your questions promptly and to your satisfaction.
For information and credentials please click on the link below or contact directly:
CARMEN SANCHEZ SADEK, Ph.D.
Educational Consultant, Program Evaluator
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, Certification (12/2006)
3113 Malcolm Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90034-3406
Phone and Fax: (310) 474-5605